Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nine Years



So, today marks nine years that I have been married to my wonderful husband, Ronnie. I didn't just how young I was when I got married until years later. All I know was that I was in love and couldn't imagine being with anyone else. We met at Central Bible (Bridal) College and he was actually dating my sweet-mate when I first met him. And he was trying nto help hook me up with a friend of his on the basketball team. Well, of course those relationships didn't work out and the cool thing is, I asked him out first! (Spinster Spree - for all you CBC people who remember that!) We went to "Worlds of Fun" amusement park in Kansas City along with some friends. I won't mention names b/c none of them got married!!! Ha ha! But, they all made a better choice!!!! (Do ya'll remember that day????)


So we got married March 27, 1999 and have been in youth ministry now for 9 years as well...are we crazy??? And nine years later we've had three beautiful boys, Jadon, who is waiting on us in heaven and Josiah, who is 4 and Joshua, who is 2. I have loved being married to Ronnie. He's more than faithful to me and our marriage and our boys. He always has treated me with respect and has taken care of me and loved me when I'm sick or hurting emotionally. I couldn't have asked for a greater dad to my children. He loves them with all of his heart and has been such a help mate to me with taking care of the boys. I know not every husband helps change diapers and wipes poopy off bottoms and give baths and help dress them and help to make sure they're eating, etc. He even can cook a few things if I'm gone.....with very clear directions! He is faithful in all areas of his life and I am so blessed to have him as mine!


Thank you honey for loving me and I will love you forever!!!

4 comments:

Kelly Weinberg said...

Oh...I remember when you and Ronnie first started dating. I had so much fun hanging out with both of you in college! Those were some great memories! =)

Happy 9th Anniversary to you two!!

Megan said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SISSY!
I remember when you first brought Ronnie home and I thought he wouldn't fit into our family because he was so tall and everyone else in our family is so short! haha

I'm so glad you married him and not that other guy you dated in college. He was DEF. NOT THE ONE!

Love you and CONGRATS!

Me..... said...

Oh I totally remember Worlds of Fun..... that was a fun day. How funny!!! I remember how excited you were to go on dates with him....it is so great to see that you guys ended up getting married!!!! Congrats on nine years!!!!

Bethany Patrice said...

I cannot believe it has been that long!!! I still have the green dress I wore in your wedding. I remember driving there with Kelly and Shekinah and I accidently threw away the directions at a rest stop, and we had to dig through the trash to find them. Remember what we did to you the night before your wedding? Good times!

Congratulations, and I am so glad at least one of us got married out of that spinster spree group!!