Friday, March 28, 2008

Anniversary Date

Well, my husband took me out last night for our 9th Anniversary and I had a wonderful time! It was the best date we've had in a long time! First of all, we went out in our new car and after we dropped the boys off he put a CD in that he had made and was labled "Anniversary." It had three songs on it by Monk and Neagle. (you can check out their myspace) Don't know if you've ever heard of them, but we recently discovered them. They're a christian band, but also have some love songs that they've written to their wives. I absolutely loved the songs! One was called, "Wonderful Angel." It was definetly my favorite! And would you believe that I actually started crying, then I started laughing! I was a mess! So, we went to "Cheddars" to eat! All I can say is "Yum, Yum and Yummy!" We ordered the famous chips and queso for an appetizer and our meals and then of course we topped the meal off with a cookie monster dessert! I was so stuffed! Then afterwards we went to see, "Vantage Point." Oh my word! Talk about an edge of your seat movie! It was very, very good! Everything about the night was perfect, the weather, the music, the food, the movie, and of course my date. Now some of you may think, "Big deal, dinner and a movie." Well, when you have young children and you don't get to go out very often, it's very special! I can't wait to see what we're going to do next year for the 10th year!

1 comments:

Dana said...

A night out? That sounds awesome! I'm glad you and Ronnie had such a great evening. That is so cool that he made you an anniversary CD! What a planner! Jason did that for me one time...I felt like the night was just as important to him as it was to me. Such small things make such a big difference, don't they? As you were describing your meal, all I kept thinking was, how awesome to go out and get everything from an appetizer to dessert...yep, those of us who don't go out much can really appreciate when we do get that chance! Happy Anniversary!