Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Giving our best

So, we do our best with what God has given us. We try to minister to the best of our abilities even when we don't feel like it's making a dent. We love and care for those who are in tough situations even if they don't want our love or show that they want it, truly deep down inside they may appreciate it. We give of our time and efforts to help win people to Jesus and show them what Christ is all about and what the church is truly about because the world and Satan has given everyone a distorted view of Christianity and the church. It's up to us to win those people to Christ and disciple them and ground them in His Word. No one said it would be easy. It never will be, in fact I believe that as time goes on, it will get harder and harder to win people to Jesus and to encourage them to stay strong and stand firm in their faith. So many nights I come home and wonder if the time and effort I just gave was for nothing, but I have to believe that God is using me even when I don't see it or realize it.

2 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

being in the ministry is difficult, because we don't always get to see the fruit of our labor. Here is a verse that I have to continually repeat to myself..

1 Corinthians 15:58 "Therefore my brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord, for you know your labor is not in vain."

Be encouraged. God is blessed by what you do.

Dana said...

You are so right. What great insight, Angel.