Monday, March 17, 2008

My dad's heart

This Thursday my dad is having this procedure done to close the hole in his heart. It's called the Amplatzer PFO Occluder. THE AMPLATZER PFO OccluderThe PFO Occluder is delivered through a catheter. The Occluder expands to place a disc on either side of the defect, closing off the hole between the left and right atria.
So, please be praying that this procedure goes well and that he recovers quickly. He won't be able to go back to work for a few days, which will be hard on him and he can't run for a few weeks, which is very hard for him too. Hopefully after he recovers from this then he'll lungs will receive all the oxygen they need for when he's exercising and running. Thanks for your prayers!

3 comments:

Kelly Weinberg said...

Angel, I will definitely be lifting your Dad up in prayer!!

Bethany Patrice said...

I will pray for your dad, and be sure to post on Friday for an update on how everything went. I know it must be hard for you to be so far removed for something like this. I pray that God comforts your heart as well.

Tatum & Jose said...

I pray that everything went smoothly for your Dad.