Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thunder

So, the last few thunderstorms we've had in the middle of the night have woken up our son, Josiah. He's never been afraid of thunder until now. He came in our room at 5 AM scared and wanting to get in the bed with us. My heart melts b/c he wants us to protect him. And every time it thunders he gets closer and holds his little teddy bear tighter. So, a little later we put him back in his bed and he says, "Will you lay by me?" How sweet.

That's how Jesus is with his children. He wants to protect us from harm and keep us safe and he loves when we get closer to Him. He wants to provide our every need if we would just trust Him. It's true when we are going through trials or are afraid we tend to get closer to Jesus, but I want to be close to Him at ALL times.

3 comments:

Dana said...

You are so right! I want to cry with Him and laugh with Him. Run to Him when I'm excited, when I'm scared and when I don't feel anything at all.

Good post, Angel.

Megan said...

Remember when I use to come into ur bed because I was scared or mom and dad's bed. AWWW I miss Josiah!!!

Kelly Weinberg said...

What a sweet story. I am looking forward to the day when I have children who want to get in bed with us b/c they are scared from a thunderstorm.

I love your application too! We are Jesus' precious children and he is our father & protector! :)