Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Little Rainbow in the Big Rainbow t-shirt




Last night Josiah received his Rainbow t-shirt at church - he couldn't wait to show me! Of course it's too big, but it's the smallest one they can order. It'll probably still be big on him once he's out of Rainbows! Now, why do they make them so big? Guess they think they'll want to wear them when they get into Royal Rangers? Yeah, right! Well, for now, he's thrilled about his new rainbow t-shirt and insisted on wearing it today. The other day he probably said his Rainbow pledge 25 times! So, as we're in Walmart this morning, my little rainbow wasn't quite following his Rainbow pledge. I kept thinking, "What happend to - 'As a Rainbow I will be a good helper, pleasing Jesus everyday'?" So, once we got home I asked him, "Josiah, are you a rainbow?" And he says, "Nah! I just a got a rainbow shirt!"


On another note, I'm having Josiah takes naps again. He couldn't make it through the entire day without crashing by 5 pm. Then, he'd be cranky and wouldn't want to eat dinner, so we're going back to naps. Life is so much more pleasant when they both have a nap! He's not resisiting either, so I'm glad for that! And Josh is so excited about his new big boy bed that he laughs when he gets in it! What more could I ask for?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Thats funny about Josiah! I remember LOVING Rainbows. Thats funny that he just likes his new shirt. HAHAH

Good luck with him taking naps again. It probably gives you more time for yourself too.

Love u

Bethany Patrice said...

I love the shirt. I think ours is green, but I had to order a small too, and of course it's huge! I'm worried because Parker has to memorize Scripture for Rainbows and also has to do the same for his new Pre-school (i put him in a near by church's program). Erik thinks they should be named "ligtening bolts" not "rainbows."

Dana said...

Yay for naps!!