Saturday, August 18, 2007

Transistions

Yesterday we put a big boy twin bed in Josh's room along with his crib. When Josiah transitioned to a big boy bed, we had him sleep in the bed for naps and in his crib at night for a week or so or until we felt like it was "ok" to take the crib down. So, today is Josh's first time to sleep in his twin bed for a nap. When I laid him down, he started to get up and I thought he was going to get down off the bed, but he didn't and I just laid him back down and off to sleep he went. I checked in on him later to make sure he was asleep and there he was cuddled up in that big bed sucking his thumb! Yes, he still sucks his thumb when he goes to sleep!

At the same time, Josiah seems to be growing out of his nap time, so it seems. Last night he kept getting up out of bed and he never does that. He even got up once we were in bed and asleep and was looking in the refrigerator! Guess he just wasn't tired or he didn't eat enough for dinner! So, today I'm allowing him to skip naptime. We'll see how it goes! I'm not going through what we did last night though again tonight! He's going to be really tired tonight!

So, today is a kind of sad day b/c I see my boys growing up too fast. Before I know it, they'll be having girls over and driving! Lord, come quick!

4 comments:

Dana said...

I remember when you transitioned Josiah into a big boy bed! Oh my, how fast Josh is growing! It is sad, isn't it? I was just looking at pictures of my "babies" tonight. I cannot believe how big they are now and how quickly they've grown. I wish I had a time machine to go back, just for a few days, to their infancy so I could hold them and cherish that time even more.

Megan said...

AWWW!!! Remember when we would get in the frig after mom and dad went to bed. We always had more room for ICECREAM! haha

I miss the boys so much. They are getting so big. I am excited to see them in October.

LOVE U-
MEG

Bethany Patrice said...

Parker has been done with naps for a while now...it was my doing though. When he would nap, he wouldn't go to bed until 11:00, then he'd still get up super early and then be crabby for the rest of the day. Our lives run much smoother without him taking a nap. He does have an hour of quiet time though..he has to find something to do while sitting on the couch. How did Josiah's first "no nap" day go?

Megan said...

How is Josh doing in his big bed now?? Its been a week or so right?

Love you!