Monday, August 6, 2007

Flight

Last Friday I took the boys on a plane by myself. First time to ever tackle it on my own...so I wasn't really looking forward to it. We flew to Indy to visit my family and Ronnie is driving some of our youth down on Tues. for the AIM missions trip here in Indy and Convoy of Hope.

As we were getting our tickets, the guy at the counter asked Ronnie if he'd want to go with me to the gate. I was so relieved! Security is not fun with little ones and a stroller. Having to take everyone's shoes off and hold Josh while you fold up the stroller and get all your things in the bins and back out again. It's hard enough with both of us, I don't know how I would've survived it w/o Ronnie. So, I was very grateful that he could share the load with me! An airline guy helped carry Josiah's car seat on the plane since I was carrying Josh and the diaper bag, so that helped too and then a flight attendant held Josh while I fastened in Josiah's car seat. The ride was going pretty good until the last 15 min. when we had to put the DVD player away and Josh did not want anything to do with sitting in my lap. At least we had an extra seat in between us thanks to the guy who ended up moving to another seat! At least he was kind about it. Can't say that for the people in front of us who kept getting their seats kicked by the boy's feet. A little embarrassing, but people should try to be a little more understanding. Finally after Josh stopped crying he stuck his thumb in his mouth and went to sleep for the last 5 min. Poor guy was pulling on his ears as we were heading down, I knew he was hurting, but no one else did. I just wanted to shout out, "my kids ears are hurting, that's why he's crying!!!" But, I refranied from doing such a thing. So, I waited till everyone was off the plane so they could help me carry my car seat and we got off. Praise Jesus, it was over! So, I get to do it all over again next Monday - please put me on your prayer list!!! The whole thing just made me grateful that I have a wonderful husband who helps me whenever I need it and helps share the load with me. Just like our heavenly father will take the load off of us, if we just ask and allow Him to help us when we just have too much to handle. We're not supposed to handle it all - He wants to take it from us, but we don't always give Him that option. I'm so grateful that I can lean on Him at any time and He will come and rescue me.

4 comments:

Kelly Weinberg said...

I'll be praying your trip home on the plane next Monday goes smoothly. I always feel so badly for kids when they are crying on the plane. I'm not a kid anymore and sometimes my ears hurt so bad I want to cry! I'm glad that Ronnie was able to help on the plane too! I hope you have a wonderful time in Indy!

Bethany Patrice said...

you made it!!! Congrats.

Bethany Patrice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dana said...

What a trooper you are! I'm glad most of the people were nice...