Saturday, September 1, 2007

Jadon's 5th Birthday



Today, September 1 is Jadon David's birthday. Jadon was born Sunday, Sept. 1, 2002 (25 wks along) and weighed 1 lb and 13 oz. He could not survive longer than 2 weeks. He had severe and unrepairable bleeding in his brain and underdeveloped lungs due to his prematurity. He was born in Baltimore, MD at the University of MD hospital and stayed in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for those 2 wks. Jadon went to be with Jesus on Sunday, Sept. 15, 2002. That was the only day we held him due to being hooked up to a ventilator and his body and skin being so fragile. But, when we see him in heaven, we will be able to hold him and tell him how much we love him. I'm grateful that Jadon did not have to suffer here on this earth. If he would've lived, we were told he would've most likely had cerebral palsey and would've had to fed through tubes. I'm so grateful to have the hope that we will see him again in Heaven and I'm grateful to know that he is healed and completely well in the presence of Jesus. Jadon, we remember you today and thank God for your life. We love you.

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

I remember looking at the scrapbook you made for him. Your story and experiences inspire me.

Lyndsi said...

I had no idea about this time in your life. I am so sorry for your loss...I cannot imagine. Isn't great to have the hope that you will see him someday and that he is with Jesus?! Your story and spirit is inspiring.

Dana said...

I remember hearing from somewhere that moms have just as much "invested" in their children's days of birth as the actual child. I know that my kids' birthdates will always be meaningful to me. Every year on their birthday, I remember being pregnant with them, anticipating their arrival, constantly repeating their due date to everyone who asks (even though none of them came on that date!), my labor, my delivery, and, of course, the overwhelming feeling of joy/excitement/fear/love I felt the first time I saw them. So, Angel, here's to September 1...for you and Jadon (and Ronnie, too!)