Sunday, September 23, 2007

Time away

This weekend has been a long one! We left Thursday for a staff retreat and I had to drop the boys off at someone's house for 2 nights! I don't like leaving them over night and plus this was the first time they had ever stayed with this family. Thankfully, the daughter had watched the boys several times during our Tuesday morning bible study and they already knew her and her brothers! As I called them while we were gone, I could tell they were having so much fun and loving every minute of it! They got to sleep in a tent together and seemed so content. They acted like they were doing much better than me! So, we picked them up on Sat. afternoon and I will never get tired of their excitement when they see us after being away from them. They still get excited when we pick them up after church and I love that! So, today we had to leave them again from about 3-10 pm. I hated being away from the today, but our youth band was doing worship for the SYATP Rally, which was 45 min. away. The rally went great and I was glad our youth band could be used in worship. I was anxious to get back and pick up my sleepy boys though! Being gone so much this weekend was hard for me. I'm just not used to being away from them much and when they're so many thing going on so close together, it's hard. All this to say, "I love being a mom more than anything!" I have a passion for ministry and worship, but nothing supercedes my passion for being a mom. I know childhood goes fast and as my boys grow older they won't need me as much and I'm not looking forward to that time, so I want to cherish this young age they are now and cherish this time that they do need me. They are so precious and I am so thankful to God for them.

2 comments:

Megan said...

AWESOME! We had a great PYM Conference too! It was fun...it was my 1st one and I am excited about next years.

Thats awesome that your youth band is doing SYATP!

GUESS WHAT??? read my blog!

Dana said...

I hear you on this one, Angel. There are times when I have to literally stop and say, "What is my first priority? My children." This has happened twice recently. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't lead worship until my kids are raised. Then there are times when everything falls into place and works out fine.

Just remember that God knows that He has given you children to mother and gifts to share. He knows where your heart is and you know where His is. He understands your priorities! :)