Thursday, September 27, 2007

Josh's first black-eye


My little Josh managed to give himself a black-eye on Tues. morning while I was in Bible study at the church. (It doesn't show up much in the picture, so it looks a little worse in person.) The baby-sitter had the kids out on the playground and he was pushing a swing and it came back and the chain hit him in the eye. So, I was told he screamed for a few minutues, but it happened just minutes before I came to pick him up, so I came at a good time to console him. It was swollen and starting to turn colors. I don't like to see my boys get hurt, but I know they have so many more bumps and bruises to come! Josiah managed to get a black-eye this past August by running into a doorknob, but I didn't get a picture of it with my camera. So, two black-eyes in 2 months! One for each boy! Guess it'll toughen them up! I've got boys, what more can I expect?

5 comments:

Kelly Weinberg said...

Josh is so adorable!! I'm sorry he got a black eye. You're right though I think boys get a lot more bumps and bruises. Maybe God is preparing him for the NFL! :)

Bethany Patrice said...

I think it's so cute how he has a black eye, and he is smiling ear to ear. It's like he's proud of it! So adorable.

Dana said...

Awe! :( I'm really sorry.

I guess it's kind of cool, for a boy. They seem to like the bumps and bruises after the sting goes away. I guess it's like a trophy or something!

You've got twice as much boy stuff to go through than I have...2 black eyes in 2 months...wow...at least there aren't any stitches.....yet.

Ha! Just kidding...Jax is 7 and still hasn't had stitches, so be encouraged!

Great picture...he's such a trooper!

Bethany Patrice said...

I love how he is smiling in this picture. It's like he is proud to show off his war wound! I think boys should come with discount cards to the ER.

Megan said...

Awww poor Josh. He has such a great smile no matter what happens. I cannot wait to see him!! Only a few more weeks.

Love u