Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Storytime

I make it a habit to take my boys to the Mother Goose program at our local library every Wed. morning. I enjoy going and love seeing the boys sing the songs and interact, but it seems my boys are always the rowdiest. (did I spell that right? It looks funny...) Anyway, I noticed today that all the little girls were sitting quitely in their mommmy's lap and not running around the room like my boys were. The only time they're paying attention and doing what they're supposed to is when we're singing a song and there's music playing. (it's in their blood - my fault!) But, to sit down and listen to a story??? No way!! At least there was a puppet show today and they liked that, so I was grateful! So, I ignore the glances as Josh runs from one place to the other and I just let him have fun...it's a big room, so why not let him go? I want them to have fun, not be miserable the whole time. So, I let my boys be boys. I'm gaining a lot of insight from reading "Bringing up Boys" by James Dobson. I'm learning why boys are so different from girls and learning it's not my fault!

3 comments:

Megan said...

PREACH IT SISTA!!! BOYS WILL BE BOYS!

Love u

Dana said...

Yay for James Dobson's book...I still refer to it! Another good book is Wild at Heart...I haven't read it in it's entirety yet, but I would really like to.

Anyway, good for you that you take the boys to storytime. Those glances you're getting are probably from moms of girls only...there is a huge difference between boys and girls!

Bethany Patrice said...

I sometimes get envious of mom's with girls...they often seem more relaxed and put together than me. I'm glad to know you have rowdy boys too!