Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My 29th Birthday

Well, I thought I'd be a little depressed about getting so close to 30, but actually I'm not. I don't feel 29, so that's good. When you're a teenager, 30 always seems so old, until you start to get near it. And when you realize how young you still are and how young you still feel, it's not near as bad as you thought it'd be.

This morning Ronnie and the boys came to the bed and woke me up singing "Happy Birthday" with a cake made out of legos. What a sweet way to wake up. We make Lego cakes a lot around here. I love it when my boys sing to me. Of course Josiah does most of the singing!

So, tonight Ronnie took me out - no kids. That was the freeing part! Not often do us moms get out of the house w/o the kids, so we went to Cheddars (we had a gift card!) That makes it even better! I love Cheddars mostly b/c they have Cookie Monsters - huge warm chocolate chip cookies with warm chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream on top! We shared it of course! But, the funny thing was I ordered the beer battered shrimp, so Ronnie was giving me a hard time about it being 'beer battered' and of course we all know it cooks out - and he was only joking. So, we're leaving the restaurant and I was in a silly, giggly mood and Ronnie walks in front of me to go open my car door and stops and starts to hold me back and I'm not really paying attention and he noticed that thepeople in the car right beside us were getting ready to get out and I never saw them and someone pops up out of the backseat and I screamed and jumped right in front of them! I didn't expect anyone to be getting out of the car b/c I never saw them pull up. And I'm kind of jumpy - I can get scared easily. So, I bust out laughing and run over to the other side of the van b/c I was so embarrassed and laughing hysterically. So, we get in the van and I'm still laughing and then Ronnie really starts to think my 'beer battered' shrimp was having an effect on me. But, then I settled down and got back to normal. So, we end the evening by going to Super Target, which is one of my favorite stores!

I just want to thank my hubby for taking me out tonight. I had the best time and I cherish the times we get to spend together. I'm blessed to have a husband who enjoys spending time with me and who likes to make me feel special. I don't need anything big or expensive - time is much more valuable to me than anything. But, don't get me wrong, I love some new clothes every once in a while!!! ha ha!

But, there's more to this night before we go to bed....we watch The Cosby Show....the best show ever made!!!

2 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Erik's was Sundays, your's was Tuesday, and Kent's is today. I like your thoughts on turning 29-you're optimistic. I'll be 29 in October and I'm okay with that. Thirty, on the other hand will be hard to swallow. I remember when my parent's turned 30. Yikes! That officially puts me in their club. I love my parents and all, but I don't want to BE them. I hope your lego cake tasted good...at least it wasn't a mudpie. And...I wish you lived closer to me. I'd love to go on Target dates with you too!!

Dana said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Angel! Your date night sounds like some of mine...go out to eat, then to a store. Crazy! Of course, it's way different without children. And, hey, 30 really isn't so bad. Anyway, I'm glad you had a great day.