Sunday, July 1, 2007

Don't worry, just trust God

Ok, so today during church (before offering) Ronnie leans over and says, "Hey - you need to write out our tithe check." I had forgotten to write it out when I was paying bills. I immediately thought, "now we're really going to be low on money this week!" So, I wrote out the check telling God as I'm writing, "God, I have the money to pay my tithe, but I'm writing this check out in faith that I'll have enough money for the rest of the week! I know you're faithful, you always have been" Then, our Pastor preaches on money and being faithful in your tithes and being content with what you have, spending your money wisely and living within your means. So, as I sitting there listening, I"m thinking, "Ok, I can be more content with the things I have and not think I need something better, forgive me God for being selfish. " So, we've been in the process of selling some furniture since we've moved. We had two couch sets and only need one now. I thought, "Well, I'll sell them both and get something new." We've already sold a dryer, aphgan racks, and my coffee table and end tables, so I was down to two couch sets. So, this afternoon I get a call about one set of couches. We normally have gotten lots of calls on Sundays b/c of the Sunday paper. And she actually came and looked at them and bought them! Thank you Lord!!! I sure didn't expect God to move that fast!!! God is so faithful! Why do I worry?

Just like in Luke 10:41 and Jesus says, "Martha, Martha, "you are worried and upset about many things." I tend to be like Martha sometimes and lie awake in bed and worry. But in Matt. 6:25 it says, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more imporant than food, and the body more important than clothes? (v. 27) "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (v. 33-34) "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dana said...

You are so right, Angel. God is awesome. and faithful. He blesses us in ways we don't even expect Him to. It's so cool when He comes through! (He always does, doesn't He?)

Bethany Patrice said...

I love to hear stories about how God blesses obedience. It encourages me to listen and then allow God to take care of the rest. Which couches did you keep? Upstairs or downstairs?