Monday, July 9, 2007

Josh's shots


So, this morning Josh got his last shot until Kindergarten. Wow! I remember when Josiah was at this point - 18 months - and I thought, "We've been coming to get shots every few months and now we don't have to do it again until Kindergarten!" Makes me feel like they're growing up too fast! And my little Joshua didn't even cry today! One poke isn't as bad, usually the second or third poke makes him scream, but I was proud of his bravery! Josiah was with me and he was looking really close to see what was going on. When he saw that long needle go into Josh's thigh, he reached to grab the nurses arm - like he thought she was hurting him. And then he said, "Does Josh have an owie?" I saw a couple occasions today where Josiah was trying to watch out for his little brother. When we were in the waiting area and Josh was running around and Josiah was trying to help him back to our seats guiding him by putting his hand on his back. And he kept saying, "I've gotta get Josh, mom!" And later they're chasing each other and then Josiah says, "Josh, come give me a hug!" They were all the entertainment everyone needed in the waiting area. I just love that even at an early age, Josiah wants to watch out for his little brother and help take care of him and love him. I know it's not always that way, but I'd rather dwell on the happy memories.

4 comments:

Megan said...

AWWW! Josiah is such a good boy. Doesn't that sound like something Dad would say. haha Its so nice that they are close enough in age to go through things together.

Thanks for all your prayers and help. I read what you wrote on Bethany's page. Thats very nice of you. Ur such a sister sister!

I have called the doctors office again TO REMIND them all again on how important it was for him to get back to me. Still NO CALL! Everytime the phone rings I get all excited. I will let you know when we find something out.

Love you tons!
Meggie

Megan said...

Hey. I saw the comment you left on Bethanys page. Thanks for being such a great sister.

I just got done writing you this long letter back and when I went to send it something happened. So if you get two I am sorry.

I have called the doctor back for the THIRD time letting them know that this is very important and to have him call me back. I will let you know when they get back to me.

I love yah-
Meg

p.s. I think it is so great that Josiah and Josh are close enough in age to be there for each other at things like that.

Dana said...

Yay! A good milestone. I remember feeling relieved when my kids got to that point. Like you said, though, it was kind of weird, too.

You are right, treasure those moments when your boys look out for each other. I love it when my kids do that...it's pretty neat to see them love each other. And, don't worry, it happens when they are older, too!

Bethany Patrice said...

when they argue, does Josh ever fight back? I think Kent is learning that he doesn't have to tolerate Parker walking up and taking a toy away. They are starting to play together, but they are also starting to fight as well. I don't know what to do!