Thursday, February 28, 2008

My dad

My dad recently had a heart cath because he's been having a lot of trouble breathing when he goes out running and he would cough and cough. After doing some tests they knew that his lungs weren't getting enough oxygen while we was running. Once he got up to 120 heart rate, his oxygen was out. With the heart cath, they found a hole in his heart. They said he was very lucky to not have anything happen to him all these years he's been running. He probably woud've never noticed it if he didn't run. So, he just found out yesterday from the Dr. that the hole in his heart was bigger than they thought and they are doing another surgery to fix it. We don't know when it is yet, but he's a little nervous about it. They'll go in through a vein to close the hole. It's times like these that I hate that I'm so far away from the rest of my family. After this surgery, he'll stay over night in the hospital and won't be able to go back to work for a few days. So, I'm writing all of this to ask you to pray for my dad and I'll let ya know when the surgery is taking place as soon as we find out. He's pretty bummed b/c he's in the middle of traning for the Indy Mini Marathon which he runs every year to raise money for Speed the Light. Last year I got to run it with him, it was only my second time to do it and I hate to say this, but I actually beat him this time in the last 1/4 mile. But, I really didn't enjoy it that much b/c I knew he was having trouble and I knew his breathing was not right. So, I can't brag much about it especially now that we know he has this hole in his heart. He says as soon as he gets it fixed, he's going to race me and beat me much worse than I beat him. That won't be too hard to do since I only run like 2-3 times a week! But, I just want him to get better. He loves to run and it's his outlet with all the stress he has with his job. So, please pray for him!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I hate even thinking or talking about dad being sick. :{ I am sick enough for everyone in our family. NO one else is allowed to get sick or have surgery. ONLY ME. So dad just needs to stop this! ;} I know the doctors will help him. He is such a fighter and won't let this get to him. Everytime I talk to him he says he just finished running a hard three miles just to get me upset and yelling at him. I still don't even like hearing that he has been jogging slow. He needs to just rest, but like you said this is his outlet and he needs to releave stress. We have a great daddy who has always been by our side. Now it is our turn and I totally agree IT SUCKS being so far away from home when things like this happen! But prayer is the best thing we can do for him. Better than even being there with him. Love you sis!

Tatum & Jose said...

I'll be praying for him, please keep us posted.

Dana said...

Angel, I'll pray with you for your dad.

Bethany Patrice said...

I will certainly be praying for you dad, as well as you. I know that when things are going on with family, it must be really hard to be so far away. I will pray for you too!