Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where is God?

Tonight we've had trouble with Josiah's staying in his bed because it's thunderstorming. He came out and said, "The rain scared me, it's thundering. I don't want the rain to get into my room." So like we always do we explained to him that he doesn't need to be afraid and that God will protect him and he said, "Where is God?" I said, "God is everywhere." And he says, "Well, I can't see him." So I said, God is invisible." And he laughed. I told him he would see God when he gets to heaven. I love when he comes to us and wants to feel protected. I just want to hold him tight and make him feel loved and safe. That's what God wants us to do, to come to him when we're afraid and scared. He wants to hold us close and reassure us that He is there to protect us and keep us and He'll always be there no matter what. No matter what storms come our way, He's right there.

1 comments:

Megan said...

I miss little Josiah!