Thursday, January 24, 2008

Josiah's 4 Years old!

Yesterday was Josiah's 4th birthday and because it was Wednesday I made some cupcakes that he could take to his Rainbows class. He was so excited and wanted to carry them out to the van and hold them on the way there. Everything was fine until we got there and he dropped them in the parking lot. Thankfully, I had another plate of them. I only gave him the plate with 4 cupcakes. So, I salvaged 3 of the 4 that got messed up and those Rainbows ate all 12 cupcakes! Of course I left 6 at home for us to eat!


But, that wasn't the major thing that happened yesterday. Right before we left for church Josiah and Josh were jumping on my bed while I was getting ready and Josiah screamed louder than I've ever heard him scream. He had hit his face right next to his right eye on our headboard. He was crying so hard as I held him....I felt so bad! I immediately made the rule, "NO MORE MONKEY'S JUMPING ON THE BED!" (if you don't have that book, you should get it!) I will not let that happen again! So, of course it swelled up and is now black and blue. The bad thing is, Josiah and Josh have a dr. appt. on Friday, so Josiah will be there with his black eye and I'll get questioned like I'm an abusive parent. Oh I can't wait! At least Ronnie will be there to defend me! It doesn't look as bad in the picture.....how many black eyes are my boys going to get in this lifetime?


3 comments:

Dana said...

Crazy boys! At least you can explain his black eye! Just a few weeks ago, his arms had all these tiny bruises on them. I could not figure them out! I was starting to worry about a blood disorder or something horrible when Jason noticed that everytime Jaxon shot baskets on his "pop-a-shot," he would drop his arms and hit them on the metal bar that held the net up...he was trying to shoot fast to beat the clock, so he didn't pay attention to what was happening...I was relieved to know what was causing his mysterious bruises!

Yay that you could salvage most of the cupcakes! I can't believe he's that old already! Happy belated birthday Josiah!

Megan said...

He looks SOOOO old in this picture! I guess he is four now!

Aunt Meggie, "Josiah do you feel old?"

Josiah, "Yes! I am four now!"

I love him and miss him lots!

Bethany Patrice said...

i laughed out loud when i read that he dropped the cupcakes. poor thing. it sounds identical to somethign that parker would do. is he having a birthday party? Parker's birthday is still a month away, but he's gone from having a dinasauor, to a handy manny, to a bob the builder party. I'm not sure what we'll end up doing. So, your oldest is four...time for another! :)

PS...thanks for the talk the other day. you made my week!