Monday, January 14, 2008

Growing up....



My boys are growing up so fast. Every day they do something that amazes me or makes me feel so proud of them. I just wanted to share some of the fun things they've been doing lately.

Josiah is acutally realizing now that his Papa is my daddy and Nana is my mommy and that his daddy works at the church because he's the youth pastor. He's starting to put things together and understand. And the last few days he's been eating his lunch or dinner and he'll say, "This is delicious mom! This is delicious!" It can be roast, enchildas or even just a peanut-butter and jelly sandwhich! They love to eat! We told him that when he eats all of his food that his muscles get bigger, so he keeps asking if his muscles are bigger and he keeps trying to show off his arm muscles! (that's what he's doing in his picture!) He's getting so good at playing his little games on the computer (PBS Kids or Playhouse Disney). We'll have to be careful that he doesn't grow up to be a computer geek like his Uncle Nathan!

Josh on the other hand is so smart with learnig his letters! We plays with a lot of Leap Frog toys and already knows half the alphabet or more and he just turned 2 last month! He learns so much from his big brother too! And I finally got Josh to start eating more meat. As long as he can dip it into some ketchup, he'll eat it! He sees the ketchup on his plate and says, "Dip, dip dip!" He's talking in complete sentences and what I love most of all is that every morning when we wakes up he comes and lays by his mommy in bed. Sometimes I can get both of them to lay by me for a few minutes before they're up and playing! And then there are other times when if he catches me laying down on the couch or the floor, he's jumping and crawling all of me like I'm a jungle gym! This week I finally got Josh to use his pedals on his tricycle. He usually just uses his feet, (like the Flinestones) but he's finally starting to peddle some now that he's getting long enough! Josh likes to talk loud and he can sound like a little wrestler! And it looks like we may have to start potty training again soon....ugh!

I love how close in age they are. Two years apart has proven to be perfect so far. I think they're favorite thing to do together is take all the pillows off the couch and jump off the couch onto the pillows. Here's a video of them doing just that! I love my rough, rowdy, cuddly, adorable, cute little boys!


8 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

We seem to be living the same life. Parker has recently realized that his daddy is a pastor, and at home a few weeks ago he said "Pastor Erik, can I have some juice."

All boys think alike..I've seen that pillow game in action too. I can't believe that Josh knows letters. That is impressive! And Josiah looks like an acrobat jumping and flipping like that. How did you get Josh to eat meat? Unless it's a meatball or chicken nuggets, Parker won't touch the stuff.

PS...I like your new layout.

Angel said...

That's so hilarious that Parker said, Pastor Erik! I can only get Josh to eat meat right now if I give him ketchup to dip it in. I started doing it with his nuggets first and then everything else. It worked!

Megan said...

Thanks for updating your page! I love hearing about the boys. You are very blessed! Count your blessings!!!!

Love-
Little Sis

Kelly Weinberg said...

Angel, Your boys are absolutely adorable!! I loved the video! I wanted to join in on the fun! :)

Dana said...

hey, I've finally caught up with all of your posts! I am so behind on blogging...you are so good about it! :) The boys do look so grown up...Jason and I used that whole muscle thing to get Jax to eat vegetables and meat. So, he would take a bite, then ask us if his muscles were getting bigger. It's crazy how alike boys are. I love your new layout. I cannot figure out how to apply a layout (other than the ones blogger supplies) to my blog. I'm pretty tired of the same look. Can you fix my blog like you elfed me? :)

Thanks for taking the time to blog so I can stay caught up with your amazing life!

Tatum & Jose said...

You're boys are so cute and getting so big! So any talk of a third?:-)

Bethany Patrice said...

i am a dork! I spent hours looking for a new layout, and this is the exact one that I chose. No wonder why I like it...because I saw it on your page first.

Erik had to make all the changes for me, but the next night that he has free this week, I'll look for a new one.

Can you tell the boys have frazzled my brian!

Bethany Patrice said...

i am a dork again. i figured out how to change my background by myself!! I don't need a man! :) So, you can just delete these last two comments and pretend your friend here is not losing her mind.