Friday, May 30, 2008

Life

When discouraging things come your way, we have a choice. Do we dwell on it or move past it? My tendency is to dwell on it for a while, get a few good cries out of it and then get mad and then move on. Then I start to focus on the positive things going on in my life. Thank goodness there are some right now. And then I remember, God is in control of my life, not me. Why all the worrying? Don't I know that He'll take care of me? Life doesn't always go the way we want or the way we think it should go. Or how else would we learn to trust God? You win some, you lose some. No one ever said life was easy or that you'd always get the best of everything. We learn to live with what God gives us and we do the best with what we have been given. So, here I am TRYING to think positive thoughts!!!

6 comments:

Megan said...

You will make it through, sis. Before you know it you will be so happy and loving life again.
We are praying!

Me..... said...

I have been in the same place so many times! I always have to remind myself that worrying does nothing and to remember to completely rely on the Lord. I guess it is just life.

Bethany Patrice said...

my mind is the hardest thing for me to control..most of the time, it controls me!

Dana said...

There are just some days I would rather crawl up into God's lap and just fall asleep until He works everything out for me. Hang in there.

Kelly Weinberg said...

Angel, I have been dealing with some discouraging times lately too with Rick's job situation. I won't go into detail, but I read a verse last week that really brought me encouragement!

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned, struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be reavealed in our body." 1 Corinthians 4:8-10

This verse brought encouragement to me (it also got the song yes, Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord, Amen in my head!). :)

I'm praying for you!

Dana said...

That's a good thing to do...to think of all the positives in your life. Sometimes, I focus in on the things that aren't going right, when, really, I need to be thankful for the things that are.

God IS in control. So, just let go of everything (which I'm not quite sure how to do that with our house...any ideas?) and hold on to your theology: God is God and God is good!