Monday, November 10, 2008

Women's Conference

This past weekend I attended the IN Women's Conference in Indy. The speaker was Lisa Bevere and she was great! She's much different than her husband! She has some incredible testimonies of where God has brought her from and some great insights on what kind of women God wants us to be. One thing she did talk about was affiming your husband. I am guilty of not affirming my husband enough. We need to build up our husbands strengths and not just always point out his weaknesses. I am so blessed to have Ronnie has my husband, and I am beyond grateful for his faithfulness to me and the boys. So, I need to remember to affirm him and build him up, and tell him what a sexy hunk of a man he is before some other woman does!!!!

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

I am sooo not good at affirming either. I've taken on more of a 'let me help you by telling you what we need to fix" attitude instead of complimenting all the things he does well.

I have not heard her speak, but I have read her husband's books before.

I would love to go to a conference to be fed. Even for just one session!

Megan said...

You said it, sis.
I try to tell Chris all the time how handsome and sexy he is.
13 MORE DAYS!
I AM SOOOO EXCITED TO SEE YOU ALL!

Tatum & Jose said...

Oh, I am so guilty of pointing out the things that bother me rather than focussing on the good. I've been meaning to make a list of everything I love and keep it nearby as a reminder. Thanks Angel...I think I will get to it.