Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Boys eat a lot!

Last night Josh did not want what we were having for dinner, which was chicken devon. Skinless, boneless chicken on top of rice, with broccoli, cheese and a cream of chicken sauce over it. My boys are not big on broccoli, so I chop it up very small. So, last night he went to bed with no dinner because he didn't like all that other stuff on his chicken. (I know, I'm such a mean mom!)

Today has been a different story. He ate normal for breakfast - some Cherrios and OJ. Then, for lunch he has 3 chicken nuggets, about 12 mandarain oranges, chocolate pudding, a whole Peanut-Butter and Jelly sandwhich, and a whole apple. WHAT IN THE WORLD????? That's like two lunches!!! This kid isn't even 3 yet!

So, I guess this is what happens when you send your kids to bed with no dinner!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Boys DO eat a lot as evidenced over the years from watching our nephew Alex. Course, bigger kids just eat more in general(and Josh is not a big kid at all yet!)...and by the way, am I the only Mama helping to eat the Halloween candy? LOL
:) Cute story...thanks for sharing!
Lisa

Megan said...

I don't know why those boys don't like Chicken Devon...that meal is one of my FAVORITES!

Poor Josh ;}

Bethany Patrice said...

I have struggled with this. Kent is 2 1/2, do you think he is too young to go without a meal if he refuses to eat it? Parker is 4 1/2 and he knows if he doesn't eat, their is no replacement coming. But what should I do about Kent?

Angel said...

I just started this with Josh b/c I think he is now old enough to choose whether or not he wants to eat or not and he now knows if he doesn't eat what we put in front of him, than he's not getting anything else. He at least has to try it - and then if he still doesn't like it, then I may give him something else to eat. We all don't like everything. But, he's eaten about everything now and so I can tell if he's just being stubborn. I don't like 2 1/2 is too young to go without a meal. They're not going to starve. My pediatrician always told me that. Missing one meal isn't going to do them any harm - they'll just eat more the next meal. And of course the less they snack the better they eat their meals!

Dana said...

Jax is a crazy eater sometimes. There are some days when he doesn't eat much of anything, then there are days where we have to cut him off. Boys are just weird, but so much fun! :) You are such a good mom.

Anonymous said...

12 mandarin oranges? Holy cow! A ppj, pudding, and apple?! Okay so that's like, more than I eat. And I eat a lot. And I'm 3x his size.