Saturday, September 6, 2008

Never....

Never allow the bank teller to write your account number in on a deposit slip. Ronnie took a deposit last week and he didn't know our checking account number b/c he didn't have the checkbook and so he gave the teller his license and she wrote in the wrong account number....someone else's account number! So, the other day I get a letter in the mail saying my medical insurance payment was returned and as I went over my bank statement online I noticed a big deposit that wasn't on there that I had in my checkbook. I faithfully keep good track of my transacations online and when I get my statements in the mail, and I was pretty sure I had enough money in there to cover it! So, they found it and we realized what happened. Now Ronnie has the account number memorized! Everyone makes mistakes, but that's a pretty big one! So, they credited us back the $30 charge for a returned check and everything's fine. You just never know what's going to happen!!!!

So, today we planted some shrubs in front of our house. The previous owners pulled everything out I guess, so now I have greenery! Why is that stuff so expensive????

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yikes, I'm so sorry that happened to you guys AND very thankful it was all taken care of quickly!
:)

You will have to post some pics. of the new greenery as time allows; I'm sure it looks terrific! And I agree...why so expensive?? :)
Lisa

Dana said...

That's stinks! But, it's cool that the bank realized it was their mistake, and they credited you for the charge!

Bethany Patrice said...

Landscaping is incredibly expensive. When we moved in the owners had these rocks everywhere and no greenery. We shoveled all the rocks and planted greeney..after paying for the shrubs I realized why the original owners had rocks..it's cheap and requires no upkeep. Anyways, I was a bank teller for three years, and we were taught never to write an account number down for a customer for that exact reason!