Friday, August 15, 2008

Josiah's first day of Pre-K




Josiah has never been to preschool ever until this year. We signed him up for 3 days a week and unfortunately we didn't get him into the morning class b/c we weren't registered early enough....since we just moved here two months ago. So, he's going from 12:30-3:00 pm. I was a little concerned on how he'd do b/c he normally takes a nap during this time, but he's doing great and he absolutely loves it! After lunch he goes upstairs and gets his Batman backpack all on his own and puts it on 15 minutes before we even need to leave!


The first day I tried to stay for a few minutes and I was helping him cut out some pictures of food and he turns to me and says, "Mom, I want to stay here all by myself." I asked, "Do you want me to go home now?" And he said, "Yes." So, I hugged and kissed him goodbye and drove home feeling like my 4 year old no longer needs me around. It was sad, but of course I know he still needs me and will love me for a few more years anyway!


When I picked him up I had Josh with me, so Josh didn't want to leave b/c he wanted to play. So, he came home and said, "Mom, I want to go to school!" Sorry Joshua, you're not old enough and I'm not ready for that either!


So, Josiah is loving school and is growing up way too fast!!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

OH How I miss teaching Pre-K.
I would love to have Josiah in my class. I know he would be the funny,smart and a kid who actually wants to learn!

Poor Josh :{ Miss them so much!

Bethany Patrice said...

It is so hard to let me go off to school. I think it is even harder on us when the kid is ready to go. Is Kindergarten by you full day? It is by us, so I feel like this is my last year with Parker before I lose him forever!

What are you going to do when Josh goes to school? You'll just have to have another.

Me..... said...

that is so great! cute pictures!

Dana said...

So, how's school going? Does Josh miss Josiah, or does he love that time with you?