Saturday, August 14, 2010

Change of plans

So, some of you know I started to go back to school last year for Early Childhood Education. Well, as time went by I just couldn't feel a peace about it - I kept going back and forth about whether or not I should actually be doing it and I finally realized that if God hasn't given me a peace about it through a year, then I probably shouldn't be doing it! Plus, there aren't a lot of teaching positions open and teachers are getting laid off more and more lately, so I wasn't feeling too great about the direction I was headed. So, I dropped my classes and took my books back for this fall semester and I feel so good about it!!!! I felt like having a full time career was not best for me and my family and plus it could hinder my involvement in ministry at church, so I'm a little smarter now and I didn't pay a dime for it, so I'm ok!!!!! I feel like a huge weight has been taken off of me and I now have peace!!!!

I am looking into doing the Sheffield School for interior decorating starting next year. I can finish it within one year and it's not college courses - I 'll have a certificate in interior decorating which I love!!!! I'll also receive discounts at home stores and will gain access to trade shows!!! I'm so pumped about this and can't wait to get started!!!!! This way I'm not tied down certain hours and days and I can have my own little business and do it as much or as little as I like! And it helps that I absolutely LOVE to decorate!!! It's funny to see how often my tastes change and how different I decorate today as even 3 or 4 years ago, but I love it!!!! I'm excited about gaining more knowledge in decorating my own home and in being able to help others love their homes as well!!!!!

I feel much better going in this direction and I can't wait to see what becomes of it!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

very proud of you, sis!

Bethany Patrice said...

Angel, I have prayed and prayed about going back to school to get my Master's in counseling. But, at this point, I just don't see how I can do that without forsaking my family, and without sacrificing my role as mom and wife and ministry partner. The idea of having an added income is so appealing, but I can't shake the feeling that now may not be the best time to chase that dream. I have responsibilities to my family and my church. I am just trusting that God will provide...I am proud of you for listening, and for not being led by your own desires, but allowing the Holy Spirit to speak to you. You encouraged me today with this post!

Dana said...

Wow, Angel. That is awesome. That's a tough decision to make, but I'm glad you made it!

So, I am totally looking forward to some great design ideas now!! I am so excited for you in this. :)