Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Minister's Wives Retreat

Monday and Tuesday my Pastor's wife, Tanya and I were at our IN District Minister's Wives retreat in Indy. It was so refreshing!!! The theme was: Women in ministry have a platform...does yours speak of a testimony or a title? We heard testimonies from different women in each session and I was able to share my testimony about losing Jadon in our last session. It's amazing to hear what God has brought people through! Susanne Cox was our speaker and she did an incredible job! I loved basking in the presence of God in worship and His presence was there in a powerful way! I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to participate in these retreats.

One assignment we were given is to write a blessing over our husband and over our children. I do not bless my family enough, but I believe speaking blessings over our families is important and powerful. My dad was there at the end of our last session and each year he comes and does a communion time and he talked about blessing. He read the blessing he wrote for me that he read at my wedding and he read one that he had written for my mom. They're so meaningful. I Peter 3:8-12 says, "Finally, all of you be of one mind having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous (humble); not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessings, know that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing."

This was when I was sharing my testimony about Jadon.

My sister-in-law, Kelly and I praying together


Me and my Pastor's wife, Tanya


3 comments:

Megan said...

Hey. I'm so sad I wasn't able to go. I put together a video for dad today...Minister's Wives & Women in Ministry Retreat 2009. It will be up on his facebook in the next day or two. He has to get me a few more things and then it will be completly done. Love you!

Dana said...

That is so cool, Angel. It's really neat that you were able to share about Jadon.

I don't mean to break up the seriousness of the post, but your hair looks awesome.

Me..... said...

sounds like you had a great time! how important for us women to have time away to learn and grow in Him!!