Thursday, October 30, 2008

Reaping what I sowed....

Remember years ago when our parents told us, "One day you will reap what you have sown..."And today that proved to be true. Today I spanked Josiah on his bottom and he laughs and says, "That didn't even hurt!" It was all a game to him. And I say, "Josiah, you're not supposed to laugh when mommy spanks you." (As I'm trying to keep from laughing myself, b/c he's making me laugh!) And he says, "But, it was funny...." I said, "It's not funny when you get spanked." And he replies, "Yeah, but I'm a silly nugget-head!"

I remember numerous times when my mom would spank us and my brother and I would laugh and tell her that it didn't hurt. And she was always trying to keep from laughing with us!! But, when dad got home, it was another story!

So, today I'm reaping what I sowed years ago....what a weird feeling!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I remember when mom spanked me a few times and I laughed, but just like you said...ANOTHER STORY ONCE DAD GOT HOME! BOY OH BOY WAS IT ANOTHER STORY!

I'm sorry Josiah laughed at you. You are a good mommy and I am sure when his daddy gets home it will be a different story.

Love you!

Mike and Bethany said...

Your family is so beautiful!!!

Me..... said...

Oh the joys of being a parent!!!

Dana said...

Oh yes. I remember getting to that point with Jax. I guess Jason was the same way, so I'm reaping what HE sowed!! :)

Lisa said...

Angel,
I just cannot picture this scenario but by golly I CAN picture Josiah laughing, cuz sometimes I get that when Laurens in a time-out or I'm saying something I think is firm! LOL
IT IS hard not to laugh with them sometimes! :)
Lisa C.

Bethany Patrice said...

I hope my children are a better teenager than I was! I gave my parent's many sleepless nights!