Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Early Christmas with parents





This week we had Christmas with my parents. Over the weekend we went to Lake Wales where my grandparents live during the winter, so Ronnie could go fishing with my dad and we also went swimming in Davenport at the Regal Palms condos - I know that's crazy for my friends in IL to think about swimming in December, but it was heated water too! No swimming this week, the temps have been much lower. The past two days have been highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's so we actually had the heat on during the night. But, today the windows are open and it's beautiful at 65 degrees.


So, last night my aunt and uncle, my cousin, Jonathon, my grandparents, my cousin Josh and his wife Lindsey and my parents and our friend Mike were all at our house and we had a big Christmas dinner - Bbq Ribs, cheese potatoes, corn, bisquits, whipped cream salad, cherry salad, pumpkin pie and banana cake!!! Yummy! Then we opened presents and the boys got a haul of things! They both got a drum with cymbals - (thanks to my aunt!) They are our little drummer boys! They are known at church for playing drums! I loved having everyone at our house - we are so blessed to have such a wonderful family! (Check out the Christmas 2007 pics under our Family pic link!)

Now, on Thursday we're off to VA to have Christmas with Ronnie's family. My sister, Megan and her husband Chris will drive down on Friday to be with us for the day. We'll be in VA for 8 days, so it'll be a nice get away. And we'll be able to visit Jadon's gravesite again. Since Jadon went to be with Jesus, my parents have purchased Christmas ornaments with his name and the year on them from "Things Remembered" and put them in his stocking and this year they also got us a beautiful snow globe becaue this would be his 5th Christmas. It says, "We never lose the ones we love, they live on in our hearts." We will never forget Jadon. We love you Jadon and can't wait to see you again.

1 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

It is beautiful how Jadon will always be a part of your family. I'm glad Josiah and Josh will grow up knowing that they can look forward to seeing their big brother one day. Your parent's are very thoughtful and so creative with the ornaments too! I'm happy for you and for the chance to see your extended family.

PS..Lucky you, it looks like Josiah got drums!