Thursday, September 10, 2009

Joshua's Prayer

This morning after breakfast Joshua wanted me to read his Bible to him and the last two stories we read were about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and then about asking Jesus to come into your heart. So, when we were done I asked Josh if he wanted to pray and ask Jesus into his heart and he said, "Yes." I told him that when we ask Jesus into our heart and live for Him then we will go to heaven. He then says, "I don't want to go to heaven." I told him that was where Jadon was and that mommy, daddy and Josiah are going to heaven too. So, I asked him if he wanted to pray again and he said, Yes. So, we prayed and asked Jesus to come into his heart. Afterwards we called Ronnie and told him and he asked me, "Mom, are you talking to Jesus?" I said, "No, it's daddy." And he said, "Is Daddy and Josiah in heaven?" I said, "No, you only go to heaven if you die or when Jesus comes back to get us and take us there." And he said, "Did Daddy die? I don't want to die." Guess I shouldn't have mentioned the dying part. Kids ask so many questions!!!! Nothing is easy to explain to a 3 year old!

2 comments:

Megan said...

yah! CONGRATS Josh! Aunt Meggie Loves you! I am so proud of you. Your mommy forgot to tell you that your favorite Aunt Meggie and Uncle Chris will also be in heaven! ;)

Bethany Patrice said...

it is so true. I know the salvation story is simple, but it's rather complicated for a three year old. Parker told me that when you die, you get put in a box, and then Jesus comes to bring the box to heaven. Oh well...hopefully it'll click one day!