Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Josiah's First Day of Kindergarten

Josiah couldn't wait to get to school this morning!!! He's been counting down the days till his first full day of Kindergarten. The day didn't start too good with Joshua coming in our room at 6:30 with a temperature of 101.2 saying his head, tummy and neck hurt. So, he got some tylenol and wanted to go downstairs and watch cartoons. Josiah woke up and was so excited!! Of course he wanted pancakes for breakfast, so we all ate pancakes except for Josh.

Ronnie had to go to work so I took Josiah to school, along with Josh in tow, and we took Josiah to his class. He has to check in his mailbox to see if he has any letters - the teacher writes letters to the students and then they write her back. She had given him a letter yesterday, so he is in the process of writing her back a letter to bring tomorrow. Then, he puts his backpack in his cubby and lunchbox in the big pail and signs in. He was so cute finding his seat and sitting down next to his classmates. He didn't even care where I was. He's so independent. So, I could tell it was time to say good-bye and so I knelt down to hug and kiss him and I started to get emotional. At that point Josh started whining and crying and he cried all the way out of the school, "I want my bubby!" So, I told Josh we could watch a movie together when we got home and we laid on the couch together and watched "Toy Story." His fever seems to be gone and he's acting much better now! This year will be a bonding time for Josh and I.

Josiah is riding the bus home today and he's thrilled about that. He already told me on the way to school that tomorrow he wanted to ride the bus to school. He has to wear a bus tag around his neck for the first week or so to make sure he gets to the right class and on the right bus. This will be a huge day for him - can't wait to see him when he gets home!

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

Isn't weird now to have just one at home? I'm not quite sure what to do with Kent. He just keeps asking when Parker is coming home. Parker didn't even look back as he walked in to the building. I put a picture of our family in his backpack just in case. I'll doubt he'll need to look at it though. What did you pack Josiah for lunch? I tried to think of stuff that is easy for Parker to open so he doesn't have to ask for help.

Angel said...

It is weird to have only one at home! But, I'm looking forward to giving Josh lots of attention during this time!! I packed Josiah a ham/cheese sandwhich, jello, pretzels and some vanilla wafers. Sometimes Josiah has trouble opening stuff, but I'm sure the teachers help with that stuff all the time. I can't wait for him to get off the bus! Are you picking up Parker? Or will he ride the bus home?

Lisa said...

Yay for Josiah! What a brave little guy!! Glad Josh is feeling better too!! :)
Lisa